A panel session led by PES WiP was held at the Illinois Institute of Technology, Chicago on September 24th, 2014.
Awareness about diversity and inclusion is growing, but at a very slow velocity. Though the level of awareness of this issue has risen, fewer women are in the Energy Industry relative to their male counterparts. The discussions focused on diversity and inclusion in the Energy Industry.
WiP Chair, Dr. Shay Bahramirad moderated the panel session. The panelists included credible female leaders in the Energy industry such as:
- Michelle Blaise, Senior Vice President, Technical Services, ComEd
- The Honorable Sue Rezin, Minority Spokesperson, Senate Energy Committee, and Senator, 38th District
- Carrie Hightman, Executive Vice President and Chief Legal Officer, Nisource
- Dr. Anne Evens, CEO, Elevate Energy
- The Honorable Ann McCabe, Commissioner, Illinois Commerce Commission
Panelists shared their concerns, and knowledge regarding the Energy industry, innovation in the Energy sector, the roles diversity and inclusion play in industry and academia, and how companies promote change and innovation.
The event was successful in reaching out to a broad range of groups including IEEE Members, PES Members, male & female Professionals, teachers, IEEE Student members and other professionals.Join Women in Power